Songs > Carry That Weight
Carry That Weight
"Carry That Weight" was originally part of "You Never Give Me Your Money", but Paul liked the song separately at the end of the medley, as it brings the medley into full circle. Paul was frightened by the financial situations of the band, and wrote about them in several "Abbey Road" tracks.
- July 2, 1969 (15 takes, basic track)
- July 3, 1969 (rhythm and lead guitar, lead vocal, and chorus vocal overdubs; reduction mixing into take 17)
- July 4, 1969 (overdubs)
- July 30, 1969 (vocal overdubs, first mixing into medley)
- July 31, 1969 (drum, timpani, and vocal overdubs)
- August 15, 1969 (orchestral overdubs)
- August 18, 1969 (stereo mixing)
- August 19, 1969 (mixing; crossfade into "The End")
- "Carry That Weight" and "Golden Slumbers" were recorded as a single song during recording session. John was not present during recording (he was in the hospital following a car accident).